Sunday, May 8, 2016

Friday - Work Day 2

Alyssa Here!
Today Team Awesome continued work on building the wall for Odenel’s family, but instead of carrying sand bags we were lugging rocks down the hill. It was hard work, but not as hot as yesterday. Despite some minor bumps and bruises I can confidently say we all survived this task and are looking forward to continuing this project tomorrow. Now to the people of the community. Naftalie, Dafka, Kenzia (spelling is best guess sorry families) these are names that I want to remember, these are names I will remember. I feel like all the kids of the community joined in today. They carried rocks as big as their heads right alongside us while simultaneously holding onto us. We got to play with them, laugh with them, and smile with them. Audrey got all the boys to start racing up back the hill to the rock pile and pretty soon they were all racing back up the hill. Very tiring, but so fun. Specifically talking about my three girls now, I think I latched on to them more than they did to me. Their joyous presence was infectious. They are all so full of life and love. I loved every second of my time with them and I can’t wait to see them tomorrow. We ended our work day with some soccer, songs/songs, and pictures before Pastor picked us up. Colin may have ended up on the ground during the soccer portion resulting in many laughs. Don’t worry he’s fine. I’ll end with a few thoughts. Today was beautiful. I feel like I felt/saw God in every second and every face. I am filled with awe, love, and thankfulness. I love Haiti, I love this community, God is so good!
Much love, Bonwit!

No comments:

Post a Comment